|First Due House Fire|
|By Deputy Chief Steve Stanton|
|December 5, 2018|
[Chesapeake Beach, MD] 0107hrs; The members of the North Beach Volunteer Fire Department (NBVFD) were alerted for the first due house fire in the area of Easy Street. Chief 1A arrived to find a multi-story single family dwelling with heavy fire showing.
A disoriented occupant was rescued from the dwelling by Chief 1A and treated by Ambulance 19. The occupant was transported to Shock Trauma by Anne Arundel Medic 42 for medical conditions related to the fire incident.
Firefighters were able to quickly bring the large fire under control and extensive overhaul was completed.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal’s office was requested for cause and origin investigation.
Approximately 70 firefighters operated on scene for several hours.
Always practice "Exit drills" and a "Safe Meeting place" for your household.
The NBVFD would like to thank our mutual aide companies.
Engine 11 (Callis)