Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Come get your Christmas Tree at the North Beach VFD!All trees are $45 and going fast!All proceeds benefit the North Beach Volunteer Fire Department
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
At approximately 1300 hours rescue box 5-02 was dispatched for an auto accident reported serious. Rescue 1(Lt.Gooding) and Ambulance 18(S.Siegal) responded.Police on scene reported one trapped which was confirmed by Chief 5b. Once Rescue 1 arrived they went to work assisting Squad 5 with extrication. Once patients were removed they were given to awaiting EMS units and flown to a local trauma center
Sunday, November 10, 2013
At 1450 hours units were alerted to Area Box 107 at 8535 Stevens rd. for the working house fire. This brought Chief 1a (DeVere) , E-11(Sgt Crandell), Tower 1(Gee) , E-12(Weber). Crews arrived to find a 2 story cape cod single family with smoke showing.E-11's crew advanced the hoseline to the the room involved in fire and was able to keep it from extending outside of the room of origin. Tower 1's crew threw ladders and ventilated the structure before performing salvage and overhaul.
Saturday, November 9, 2013
In the morning hours of November 9th crews were alerted to a trouble breathing call on Bay Ave. When crews arrived they found a male in cardiac arrest, and began CPR utilizing the Lucas 2. As the patient was delivered to the ER he had regained his heartbeat but was still being assisted by staff for ventilations.
Friday, November 8, 2013
Rescue Captain Dillon and Joe Dillon performed an Inservice on the Lucas CPR device for emergency room staff at the hospital to ensure their understanding of how to operate goal is to increase pt chance of ROSC.
Thursday, October 10, 2013
In preparation for the new High Performance CPR, North Beach VFD has purchased the first Lucas 2 in Calvert County. Our EMS Drill this month was used to train our members in its use. North Beach VFD is dedicated to making sure it's members and citizens get the best training and equipment available.
Monday, October 7, 2013
Shortly after midnight, northern calvert companies were alerted to the building collapse in the 3600 block of 11th st. This brought Chief 1(Thrasher), SO 1(Freesland),Amb 18(K.Fannin) Amb 19(K.dillon),Rescue 1(1b Keller), and E11(Stanton).Chief 5a(Sealey) was first on scene and found a large tree through the house and one patient pinned underneath in her bed. Crews from Rescue 1, Squad 6, and Squad 5 all worked together to stabilize the structure, box crib voids underneath the tree, and dismantle the bed in order to create a space big enough for the patient to be freed. Once the patient was extricated she was moved to the ambulance and flown to a local trauma facility.Chief 5a had CommandChief 1 had Rescue GroupE11 handled the Landing Site
Monday, September 23, 2013
On the morning of September 23rd, while members were enjoying coffee at the firehouse, a car came into the firehouse parking lot at a fast rate. The driver of the vehicle starting telling members that there was heavy black smoke coming from Neptunes Restaurant. At the same time Calvert Communications dropped the box alarm at the same location. First arriving units from Co.1 found smoke showing from the 2 story establishment. A grease fire that extended Into the duct work was quickly extinguished. Units were held to check for further extension and ventilate the structure.Chief 1a (DeVere) had command.
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
At 0045 hours Area Box 106 was sounded for the house fire reported subjects possibly trapped. This brought Chief 1(Thrasher) Safety Officer 1(Freesland) E-11(1b Keller) E-12 and Amb 18(Osburn). Units arrived to find a two story single family dwelling with nothing evident. Once inside they encountered minor smoke conditions and an elderly man with 2nd and 3rd degree burns over the majority of his body. The victim fell asleep with a lit cigarette which lit his clothes on fire. The victims family acted quickly and extinguished him by throwing him in the shower. With no extension to the house or furniture, the victim was moved to the ambulance where he received treatment before being flown to Medstar's Burn Center by Trooper 7.
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
PLEASE JOIN THE NORTH BEACH VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT WITH A FUN DAY OF DEMONSTRATIONS AND FUN FOR ALL AGES AT OUR FIRE PREVENTION OPEN HOUSE. THE OPEN HOUSE IS OCTOBER 5TH FROM 9 AM TO NOON. WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!
Site designed and maintained by